A5 RIHILA #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 9th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

India’s Untouchables “face Violence, Discrimination

<!---->1. <!---->1. In class, we learned that religion is very influential. It is so powerful, in India; it has turned a fraction of its population into slaves. People who are beaten, tortured, and raped. However, religion is not good or bad. Sometimes, religion can influence good things too. Like In china, the belief family power.

<!---->2. <!---->2. Different people will have different opinions on the Caste system. Obviously, people of the higher Caste would approve and agree with the Caste system because it is what makes them so powerful. However, the untouchables would disagree because it is the Caste system’s fault that they are treated poorly.

<!---->3. <!---->3. The Dalits, or untouchables, of India can be compared to slaves, of the United States. Both of them were treated poorly. They were raped and sold, just like slaves. But, slaves were influenced by race, while the untouchables were created because of religion.

<!---->4. <!---->3. This article makes me wonder, does the upper class people of India realize what they are doing? What they are doing is very cruel and unfair. The people did not decide to be untouchables. It was decided for them. In the text, it states that the government of India actually enforces the acts of violence done to the Dalits. Why would the government stop this? There are no benefits of being mean to certain people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb