A6 RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 30th 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. I believe that historians can learn many different things about the occupations and social structure of the Middle Kingdom Egypt. When I read the passage it talked about many people who worked in different things. The people that they talked about were: the washer man, the maker of pots, the cobbler, the watchman, and the merchants. I learned that the king is the one who rules society. Finally, historians can learn that all these people had to work really hard to have money but at the end of the day tax collectors would take their money.

2. Learning how to write means power for a young Egyptian. If you know how to write you have a higher probability to not becoming a peasant or a soldier. You wouldn’t have to work hard or be sent to Syria and have no rest and only drink water every 3 days. Also if you learn how to write the king would build you a mansion and will have slaves at your feet. Finally, if a young Egyptian learns how to write you will love writing for the rest of your life.

3. I think that the frustrations of a teacher in this passage would be, trying to encourage his students to write. The teacher in this article has many down hills of not learning how to write. This passage makes the students more deeply about learning how to write or they will end up like a merchant or a soldier. The teacher keeps saying ''if you don’t learn how to write than you will never be someone in this life. And at the end he said that ''every man tries to raise himself'' (the occupations of old Egypt 17).

A. I think that AmerIcan students value education in the same way as described in Egypt Because many people in Egeypt dont have the oppertunety to study. An example is that many kids if they dont learn how to write they have low possibities to be someone in the world.

B. When i asked my ture what she thought about this quistion she said that she even values education very much because she is an only child and she came a noble school which gave her a lot of oppertunitiea in life. MY TUSE NAME WAS Michel, and i asked her the following:do like living in a quad, she said that it is awsome becouse you get to meet new people. Ialso asked her if she likes the school, she said she did becuase it was a small school. finally i asked what type the shool was, she said it was a 3d SCHOOL WHOICH THAY DONT GIVE SCHOLLERSHIPS FOR SPORTS.

I loved this college but i would not get a degree here becouse thge dont really specialize in law school.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb