A2 RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 30th 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part One:

In The Occupations Of Old Egypt historians might learn from the text about the occupational and social structure is that there were different classes. For example in the lower class there washerman who were weak because they had to clean their neighbor's clothes. In the higher class there was the tax collectors who were able to have the gold and precious metals. The tax collectors didn't have to work hard yet they got more money than the washerman who is in the lower class. In Egypt when a young Egyptian learns how to write they are offered entrance to treasury, they are able to get a mansion built in their town, and slaves of their own. A young Egyptian who is learning write is able to get the advantage of have the king's trust, being protected from all kinds of hard work, and be able to become a worthy official. In the text there is evidence of the teacher's frustration because the students of the teacher aren't listening. They aren't taking writing seriously and the teacher wants them to be writers because the teacher believes that they are fit to be writers.

Part Two:

A) I believe that ancient Egypt valued education more than how American students value education now. In ancient Egypt they believed that education was the only way to become successful and powerful. American student value education, but belive that there other ways that you can be successful in life.

B) 1. Person Interviewed: Allan Ortiz Occupation: Student



Question Asked: What was the hardest part about being a freshmen in college?

Response: The hardest part about being a freshmen was managing your time because since it's freshman year you have to make sure to go to every class and that you are on time.



Question asked: How do you manage to do all these activities and clubs and still have time to study and do homework?

Response: The most important thing is to make sure you prioritize your time. While doing all these activities is important you don't want to do to many one time or in other cases spread yourself out too thin.



Question asked: What are some fun things to do around campus?

Response: Fun things you can do are join clubs and there are also parties that you can go to that can last very late into the night.



C) After my visit and the interview I don't think I would consider getting my degree from IIT because it doesn't offer the majors that I'm interested in which is pre-med. I also don't like how small the school is because I'm interested in a college with a bigger campus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb