A4 RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 29th 2012
Published: September 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part one:
After analyzing the text about the occupational and social structure of middle kingdom Egypt, historians might learn about the complex divisions of labor, the importance of the social heiarchy, and the position of a scribe. in Egypt, around 2066-1650 B.C.E, being a scribe was considered a noble profession and was a useful occupation because you will, not only, be spared from soldiering, and have the trust of the king but you will also be on the higher end of social heiarchy, which makes you prominant and worthy in Egypt. In the text, frustration of a teacher is clearly evident when trying to convince his student to be a scribe. I came to this conclusion because in the second paragraph of "Be a Scribe" it stated: "Young fellow, how conceited you are! But though I beat you with every stick, you do not listen... You are a person fit for writing."

part two
A) I believe that the value of education between an American student and an Ancient Egyptian student is different. Yet, it depends on the type of person. In the text, it seems as if the Egyptian student does not value having a higher occupation because he believes writing is a plauge to him and he is not open minded about the occupation, an area where he is truly talented. In the present, students have become more open minded about opportunities and their talents.

B) Person interviewed: tour guide
Occupation: student
1. Q- Do you enjoy attending UW- Milwaukee?
A- Yes, I love this school it's really great

2. Q-Does your school have a track team?
A- Yes, they are actually really good and my friend is on the team, she is out of state competing in a huge competition with them.

3. Q- Does this school have a Journalism program?
A- This school does have a Journalism program but it's not as big as math and science programs

C) I, personally, wouldn't attend this college to get a degree because they do not have a large Journalism program, which is the field I want to major in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb