RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 28th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part One:

The Occupation of Old Egypt-

<!---->1. <!---->What might historians learn from this text about occupational ad social structure of Middle Kingdom Egypt?

Historians might learn that scribe, which is writing, is the better occupation because when you have any other job like working in the field or work as a peasant or being a soldier, you will come home exhausted from a tough job. Plus, when you are a scribe, you will be seen as a more of an important person because you will be a writer who is being trusted with a lot of work.



<!---->2. <!---->What does learning to write offer to a young Egyptian? What advantages of scribal position suggested in the document?

When you are learning to write, from an early age, about what scribing is and how do it, you will be considered advanced from others, and that could help you make it a permanent job. When you write, you are going to be more trusted and you will have more power. Those two things will be given to you by the kin. This way you will have more access to things like more supplies that are always useful to everyday things. Being on the king’s good side will give you a lot of more power and opportunities.

<!---->3.

<!---->What timeless frustrations of a teacher are evident in this text?

Something that will never change for teachers is that writing will always be needed if you want to far in your life. When teachers make writing a subject then teachers will always have to be in charge and ready to teach scribe.



Part Two:

<!---->A. <!---->Do you think Americans students value education in the same ways as described in ancient Egypt? Why or why not? (Provide examples)

I believe that it all depends on the child because American students tend to be very opinionated about school. For example, some students admire school and think it’s really important for their future; however, some students think that school is a waste of time. I believe it all depends on the students and how they feel about school.



<!---->B. <!---->1. Person Interviewed: Ms. Kate

Occupation: Director of Admission

Q: What is a good reason to go to an out of state college?

A: Going to an out of state college could show you a lot of diverse. You get to meet a lot of people who are different from you. Also Illinois is in a program with Wisconsin where it lowers the price to go to an out of state college.



2. Person Interviewed: Shannon

Occupation: Senior Student

Q: What is the typical class size?

A: 20-30 students in class; 50-200 students in lectures.



3. Person Interviewed: Shannon

Occupation: Senior Student

Q: Why would you personally recommend this school?

A: In her opinion, the school has given her more opportunities academically and socially.



C. After considering your visit and the interview, would you consider getting a college degree from this institution? Why or why not?

I would consider this institution for getting a college degree because I did enjoy how much opportunities it can give a student, even from out of state. It helps you meet and understand cultures from different people. However, I would still have to remind myself that the college is out of state and It would cost more money, especially since you are obligated to stay in a dorm the first year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb