A4 Rihla #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 24th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Hamurabi took the actions of creating the "Caode of Hamurabi" to make good order of his society.

2. The laws Hamurabi made of Debt Slavery show the class distiction in babylon, along the with the laws of property. There were , of course, slaves at the lowest and women right behind them not having much of a decision or property for themeselves.

3. The status of women was to own nothing, the husband is the only one to have possesion of property and things. I don't think they enjoyed any protection because of how men had more privilages; for example, if a woman was found in bed with another man she is to be killled. On the other hand, there is no law for when its vice versa with men.

4. Childres status is to obey their fathers or pays a serious price consquence. Their protection was if anyone were to harm them, that person was to get what he did to other people in return.

5. The article supports the idea of a "Man Run" civilization because men over ruled the women and had more rights. Men were privileged with more things such as marrying another woman and keeping his wife sick in bed.

6.People viewed men as stronger and therefore made them the heads of households. The men were handed much more responsibilities and the women were plainly there to help and raise the children.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb