RIHLA # 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 21st 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. The Topic "Why Do Women Still Earn Less Than Men?" can be related in my World History Class since it has been going on since civilization. In Class, we have talked about how the first civilization has become to be and how it has changed our life of living, in a article called " Worst Mistake In History" says how the first women where put to work to help grow the corps and maintain the household. As the fields grow larger, the males realize that there needed to be more hands to help around, thats when they look upon the women to play a part of the farming. Women were to have children and maintain the household, thus, starts the beginning of women only seen in the household. However, later inherited the role of working as teachers and male role jobs.

2. In class there is five kinds of themes: Social Structures, Political,Interaction,Cultures and Economic Systems. The theme for the article would be Social Structures,because the women were look down as only workers in the house and watching over the children.

3. In the article, I agree and disagree with the author's point of how women are looked at. Since the facts shown how only 77% of a pay check a women gets payed is less then nothing, then men who get a bigger percentage for working full time. Men who have a sex change to be a women get 32%, unlike a women changing from a women to a men get 1.5% more then their own amount. However, i disagree with the author because in the article states how the next generation of women is more likely to have less percentage of what they make then today's women. Even though the economy is going down hill, its slowly coming to its feet, where more people are working again then at home being job less.

4. This article has brought many questions to be asked and answer: like why the economy is waiting so long for both genders to have equal pay? Its makes me wonder if the election and those who are running would do anything about the situation of payment for women, would it change in a positive or negative way. Finally, I would like to learn more in how women are also dealing with the less payment then men, unlike myself I'm upset and believe we should all be payed the same as individuals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb