RIHLA #29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 20th 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Investigate AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL's website and write a full page summary that explains what the organization is and includes information on ONE article from the website (there are MANY options to choose from depending on where you search). How do your findings relate to Human Rights? What is your reaction? Explain fully.

This organization website is about the different stories on Human Rights. Each article had a different right and a story to explain what the story was about. One story that really stuck out to me was the article titled Killing The Innocent With Indifference by Brian Evans. This article was about a man named Carlos DeLuna whom was executed by the state if Texas in 1989. The reason he was executed was because he killed a gas station attendant Wanda Lopez in Corpus Christi. The reason his story is so famous is because this action that was being taken was not the right that should have been taken. This was the Human Right of Law. I know this because the article clearly states" failure of lawyers on the defense as well as the prosecution side to have the curiosity and gumption to look just an inch or two below the surface." The law made such effort to investigate in this crime that they just took it upon themselves to kill Carlos. Now that this story is aware to others the law must have some type of action to further investigate any case. Now after reading this I strongly feel that Carlos should have not killed him. I honestly believe that he should have just paid for the crime. Killing someone seems like revenge and that should not have been taken upon. Human Rights are a very important factor and should be taken in the correct hands and matter.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 998.5kb