Rihila #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Lincoln’s Legacy Fights Modern Slavery” and answer the following questions:
1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?
In both times of when slavery took place the people were forced to work. Today people are forced to work in prostitutes areas. They also get paid too. The people are not comfortable working there. Also the people are women.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?
This is against women sex traffic because it hurts the people and the people do not enjoy. The people are hurt and feel that they should be treated better. That back then people were hurt and now today women are being hurt.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?
The Polaris project works against that people that go for sex and labor.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?
No I do not agree with slavery. It's against of what people want to do. The modern slavery and the earlier slavery did both hurt people in different ways.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?
There are areas in part of the word where people are being put through slavery. Like throughout the of the asian area people are working in poor conditions. The people earn low income amount of money and work in very poor conditions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb