Rihla 17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 7th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?

I do agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man because he basically believes a man should be strong and have some sort of talent. I agree with his description because when a man is strong and have talents, thos qualities attract women. When it comes to these type of men existing today, it varies because there are men that fit the description and there are men that don't.

2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?

I think Castiglione thouight men should live and act they way he described men to be because during the time he lived the same exact way he described men, that is the way men were. Men were mostly the head during that time and that's what influenced his description.

3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.



It's better to be feared because in this day and age, people tend to take advantage of people, and if people fear you they won't try to take advantage of you and get over on you. When being being feared, you don't have to worry about watching your back because no one is willing to do anything to hurt you because they fear you. Being love is ok but people's love tend to be questionable, so I rather be feared.

. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –

<span>· How do you know this? What is your evidence? What was the effect of this leadership style?

<span>· Your answer should be a minimum of 5-8 complete sentences. Watch your grammar!

One leader throughout world history that lead by using love is Martin Luther King. MLK lead with love because he was fighting for equality for all people. MLK was loved by the africans americans because they felt he was putting his life on the line to fight for racial equality. If he didn't love people in general, he wouldn't have put his life on line for all people. It takes love to do something courageous like fighting for equality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb