RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 5th 2012
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. I do agree with Castiglione's description of what makes an ideal man to a certain extent. I think all of the proper actions like humor and respecting women would make a great man, but I don't think a man needs to know how to handle a sword and ride horseback. The military description is a little too far. I don't think men of Castiglione's description exist today because no man has all the qualities of a chivalrous knight. Some men might have some of the qualities but not all.

2. I think that Castiglione described the ideal man the way he did because he believes that people are great and should act great. Thus, he describes the man strictly, which emphasizes my idea that Castiglione thinks great men should be and act great.

3. I think a leader should lead via love. I say this because fear only portrays a leader in the negative light. A feared leader won't have the deep respect from the followers like a loved leader. A loved leader would be greatly respected and admired by both the people and other subjects. Plus, more fond memories would be left of a loved leader, and people in the future can admire the history the leader proudly brought to them.

4. Augustus of Rome is a great example of a leader who leads via love. This particular leader was not a liar and wanted nothing but the best for his empire. The senate admired him, and the people loved him. Augustus' leading led to the addition of Spain to the Roman empire and the end of the one hundred year civil war. In addition to Augustus' achievements, he established forty years of peace. He was one of the few emperors who didn't die of assasination or any other corruption because many people admired Augustus, which led to his peaceful passing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb