RIHLA 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 17th 2011
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1)"Sometimes to live, you have to take risks."
This quote tells us that you cannot always be too careful because if you don't take risks, then you just don't know how to live life to the fullest.
2)"it is not the length of life, but the depth of life"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
this quote Is significant because it states how it does not matter how long you live life, but what you make out of it. What you do to shape your life is important. The memories that are made, the struggles one faces, and the success one has depends on how their actions within their life span.
3)"the best way out is always through"
-Robert Frost
This quote is significant because in order for a person to get out of whatever situation they are in, they must push themselves through it.
4)" You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

This quote by Gandhi is significant because it tells people that they have to change what they see is wrong with the world. We must stop thinking about who is going to change it because nobody will do anything unless they see someone else do it. We must be the leaders and show people what is right because in the end we are in charge of our own futures.

5) "The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live." - Elbert Hubbard.
-This quote shows the meaning behind life. If you don't step out of your comfort zone and explore new things, you will be confined to the same life as before. There won't be new opportunities to take on.
This relates to what we are learning in class through the 8 fold path of Buddhism. These quotes can work as the five steps to become a powerful firecat at Uic college prep. Just like the 8 fold path to reaching nirvana.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb