9/11 (10 year anniversary)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1) The author's argument on why Jay Z's album did so well that week is because most of the fans he attracts with his music were not really affected by 9/11. his fans were more worried about when his album would come out instead of realizing that many people had just died that day.
2) I do agree with the author when he says that young people are not as affected by tragedies. Being one of those "young people" I try not to focus on the negative in the world. if something bad happens I try to ignore it and I think that's what a lot of other young people do as well. No one wants to hear negative, scary news so everyone tried to avoid it.
3) Now that 10 years has past after 9/11 I do believe it is important for those young people to start realizing what really happened and how it effected the world today. It's important because it's part of the reason the U.S is at war, and why there is an economic down fall. The aftermath of 9/11 will one day effect those young people and that's why they need to get informed now before they are effected.
4)Many young people in Afghanistan remember little about what happened on 9/11. They have the vague memory of seeing the twin towers and the Taliban forcing the planes into the towers.
5)the opinions from the young adults in Afghanistan differ because some think of the americans as heroes while others think they brought more harm to the country than good. the little boy as the end of the audio wanted American help because he thinks that if they live many Afghanistan people will get killed. listening to that made me feel bad because they say us Americans as heroes while many Americans seen them as evil. After 9/11 many Americans were racist towards Afghan people because of the attack.
6) I had never really put much thought into what other countries thought about the U.S because you don't really hear about what others think, so since I never heard what others thought I never thought about it. After listening to the audio I would want to learn more about other countries because everyone has their side of the story to tell. I would especially like to learn more about culture because it caught my attention when the people of Afghanistan were blaming the women who were covering up properly about causing cancer and aids. Everyone has different views adn its interesting to hear them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb