Merry Christmas Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 25th 2010
Published: December 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We woke up early to hopefully catch a church service in Chicago. Today was the first day I decided to try out the complimentary breakfast we have with the hotel; it was nothing special, but certainly a treat compared to the last place.
We left the hotel listening to cheerful Christmas music and parked in the cheapest car park yet. They had a special weekend rate - which we took full advantage of, accepting it as the first Christmas gift of the day.

We walked to the nearest church - St Peters, and it was beautiful inside. It was modern and prosperous.
We arrived shortly after noon to find the service had already begun, there was a full choir - who were very talented, and a large congregation. By the time the song had finished everyone began to leave. It was at this point we realised the service was ending and not begining.
The first plan of the day was in tatters. Instead we went to the Willis Tower, the tallest building in North America. We paid to get to the observation deck at the top of the building and the views were fantastic.
After about 30 minutes admiring the views, we decided to go look for somewhere to unwind and relax.

At first we tried Trump Tower, before settling down in a nice seafood restaurant by the river. It was freezing outside and was nice to get out of the snow and cold.
I ordered fish and chips, and really enjoyed the meal - it was exactly what I needed.
We spent most of the day in the restaurant, and by the time we were finished, it was time to head back to the car and drive to the hotel.

We are preparing and packing for a long day tomorow in Detroit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb