Final Stop Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 19th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Spent the day in Chicago - Navy Pier, Soldiers Field, Sears Tower - this is the first time I have been here except for a layover at O'Hare's for a few hours. Chicago is one beautiful and very big city. It is the third most populous in the U.S. The waterfront area is clean, picturesque and there is lots to do.

Bill was fascinated by the size of Soldier's Field and of course, wondered where everyone parked! The skyline is worth photographing with Sears Tower "towering"above all other buildings. Needless to say, I could not convince Bill to visit the Skydeck!

Well, this was our last stopover on a trip that began four weeks ago and included touring the following states:

Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisianna, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois and Indiana. By far, my favourite state for sightseeing was Utah. In total, Bill and I drove just under 9000 kilometres! We saw the "lights of the big cities" and experienced the charm of the small towns. I would do it all over again but would plan to spend more time in New Orleans, like a month or two. Driving to New Orleans, is on our agenda for the fall.

As much as I "griped" about Agnes, there is no way you can do this trip without a GPS. She got us out of some tight spots, not to mention into some also! Thank you Arie.

Going to the different places was educational, a lot of fun however, the real happiness was just taking "the journey" and so I end this blog with a quote

"A GOOD TRAVELLER HAS NO FIXED PLANS AND IS NOT INTENT ON ARRIVING"

Til next time............................................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.7kb