Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 12th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tom: Okies, back to the US and A and Chicago. We check into our hostel after a good flight and a very bad metro ride, due to maintainance to the whole Chicago subway system (called the EL system, as much of the track is elevated above street level) and we find we've made a small balls up here. Skillfully we've managed to find a dry "Alcohol is Prohibited" hostel, which brought a tear to our eyes tho i'm sure our tummies will appreciate the rest. As friends back in Blighty happily inform us that the weather is very nice, we're finding Chicago is certainly living up to it's name as the wind is certainly blasting off Lake Michigan, which is less that a block to our East. Downtown Chicago is nice, Grant Park is beautiful and Buckingham Fountain is amazing and lends itself to good photography.

Tim: I really like it here in Chicago. Great architecture and an easy going feel around the city, it feels safer than New York somehow. We pretty much wrote today off as we got up and the Windy City was very windy and wet. We went to a book store and bought books and drank coffee for a couple of hours. The rain cleared up and the wind blew less so we headed into the city on the El. We hit the parks today and took a few pictures which I hope you will enjoy. We are out for more of the same tommorow and I am going to drag Tom up the sears tower when its a clear day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Cool Glass BuildingCool Glass Building
Cool Glass Building

but thats a matter of opinion


12th May 2008

postcards
Hi, Just received 3rd postcard - just so you know. All displayed on the board in the kitchen. Glad you're having fun, and good buildings! lots of love Mum

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb