Visiting Chicago in the Summertime


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
August 21st 2019
Published: August 21st 2019
Edit Blog Post



Planning a trip to Chicago this summer? Well, you're certain to find plenty to do in and around this vibrant and exciting city. The Windy City is full of fantastic attractions, so take time to properly plan your itinerary. And remember, it's always best to book your rental car in advance so that you can be sure to enjoy the utmost in flexibility and freedom as you make your way around.

Let's talk about just a few of the things you can do during your Chicago summer getaway.

Take a day trip to the Mississippi River




Hop in your rental car and enjoy a day trip to the Mississippi River while you're in Chicago. You'll get the chance to enjoy wonderful natural scenery and get some fresh air in your lungs. It'll help you feel rejuvenated for exploring the bustling streets of Chicago!

Enjoy some of the festivals




Find out which street festivals will be on during your time in Chicago and make time to enjoy them. This city has a wide variety of such celebrations. Some examples include Argyle Night Market, Wicker Park Fest, and Lollapalooza. Argyle Night Market takes place every Thursday during the later part of the summer. It includes the transformation of the famous Argyle Street into a market. It offers produce from farmers in the region, as well as live performers and food from local eateries. Wicker Park Fest offers a great live music experience, as well as special sales at local shops, tasty food, and even fashion shows. And everyone has heard of Lollapalooza! This fantastic music festival attracts about 100,000 people a year, so be ready for some lively company if you head here.

Go on a boat tour




There are several boat tours on offer in Chicago. One popular boat tour is the Chicago Architecture Foundation Center (CAFC) River Cruise. This tour is taken onboard a boat called First Lady. This tour is run by qualified tour guides, and they point out at least 50 significant Chicago buildings. The Chicago Architecture Foundation Center (CAFC) River Cruise is 90 minutes in duration. Tours depart from the Chicago First Lady Cruises dock, which is located on the south side of Michigan Avenue Bridge. Another tour you're likely to enjoy is the Shoreline Sightseeing Classic Lake Tour. This tour takes 40 minutes and gives you a great chance to see the city skyline. It leaves from Navy Pier. This tour will let you see some of the most impressive views you can experience on Lake Michigan. If you on this tour in the evening, you might be able to see the Navy Pier fireworks.

There's Plenty to See and Do in Chicago!




As we've seen here with this list of just a few of the fantastic things to see and do in Chicago, there's no shortage of fun to be had in this metropolis and surrounding area. Plan your itinerary carefully and ensure you don't miss out on anything. And take lots of pictures!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.619s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.2205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb