Day 15 of 21 - Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » McCall
July 21st 2013
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Took a nice long bike ride this morning into the town of McCall over to Payette Lake and then to the McCall Fire Smokejumper and airbase/helibase which is right next to the campground and then to a park along the river. The airbase is very busy as there are several fires burning here in Idaho. Then poor Ryans bike broke as we were just approaching our campground, we will need to find a part in Boise to fix it, so he was pretty bummed. We then ate a bite of lunch and headed over to Ponderosa State Park to do some hiking.

We first drove up to Osprey Overlook and enjoyed a view of boaters on and houses along Payette Lake. Then we went to a trailhead called Meadows Marsh to hike as we heard there were lots of Huckleberry Bushes along this trail. We saw the prettiest doe as we started our hike! However, the moment we found Huckleberries and started picking them we realized we had also found Mosquitos so we started booking out of there before we were eaten alive! We did harvest about a handful and Ryan and I gobbled them down!

The trail hike left us very dirty so we all agreed that we wanted to go swimming back at the campground. The pool and spa were very nice and refreshing and we had it all to ourselves!

We are liking the area of McCall very much and find that many people here are weekenders from Boise. They come up here like we go to Big Bear. 😊. We can hardly believe we are on our last week of this trip...I'm thinking we all have mixed feelings about this trip ending.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

This is what we came home to after our swim!  This is what we came home to after our swim!
This is what we came home to after our swim!

This dog is the queen of the RV!


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb