Cousin Reunion in Hayden, ID


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Coeur d'Alene
September 17th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was spent with Dave's cousin Emmajean and her husband Bill. Their hearty Hayden hospitality included accomodations at the Elks Club (no pool, Caps), a ,tour of Coeur d' Alene (lovely town on a big lake), and an amazing golf course with a floating green! The 14th green is 80 yards (?) out in the lake on a floating island. The island can actually be moved due to tournament play. A golfer has 2 chances to hit the green from the mainland; if he/she can't they are loaded into a small boat and driven to the island by the caddy and they drop the ball, play continues and then they are returned via boat to continue their round. We didn't see anyone hit the green but the wind was quite strong . Lots of whitecaps on the lake, ominous clouds, but no rain. This area has mild winters - snowfall last year was only 2'. We looked (and shopped) in cute downtown shops. My 1st shopping outing in a week. Em fixed us a lovely dinner followed by a peach & blueberry cobbler and we came back to CC full, but in time for a game of cribbage. I only mention this because of my remarkable score holding 6,5,5,4 and a 6 turned. All you cribbage fans can count it (that way I'm not bragging). Today Em & Bill took us up to The Wolf People. It is a sanctuary and educational wolf habitat created by a husband & wife. There we got to play with 3 wolf cubs who were very tame & handsome. One even gave me a kiss (not unlike Timmy). They were both timber & arctic wolves. We drove up to Sandpoint for lunch; another scenic spot. There are lakes and rivers everywhere! Timmy enjoyed a big backyard with lots of flowers & veggies. We dined on a floating restaurant, "The Cedars" which was very nice. We said our "good-byes" as we are heading to Glacier Park tomorrow in a northeasterly direction.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb