From Idaho with love


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
September 11th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oh, the drive through eastern OR is just as we had remembered it...sagebrush covered hills. That sums it up. We did learn from our mistakes on Day 1 and ate in a city park in Hines; we thought we were in Burns. Did the driver switch and forged ahead to Meredian, just outside Boise. Once there we resumed a friendship with the Slocums that began at COP in Stockton. Their daughter Cheryl (Rebecca's age and first playmate) came to dinner with her husband Dan and also Craig's 2 daughters. We had lots of fun talking about old times. Mel gave us lots of tips on scenic places to camp on our way to Hayden. But, first we agreed to stay another night parked right in front of their lovely home. We even had electricity! This morning we took the grand tour of Boise which is a beautiful old city with lovely parks and homes. Meredian is a hub suburb which has grown very rapidly and Mel and Cathie very rarely go into the city. We had lunch on the patio at a restaurant overlooking the Boise River. We'll take off tomorrow for northern Idaho. Thanks for your replies Em & Jenn.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb