America's finest part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody, hallo iedereen,

It's our last night before arriving in Portland OR. We will be off line for a week or so because of no internet. We are staying over in Boise ID for the night. Tomorrow it's gonna be another 400 and something miles of driving to do. In the past days we have made up some time by driving 5 to 600 miles a day. Once in Portland we will have put about 2900 miles on the rentalcar.

So far most of the time has been driving. However we have been able to see a few nice things. The birth house of John Wayne was one of them. This is in Winterset Iowa. For any of you that are planning to be in that area by the end of May, make sure you are stopping by there. It will be the 100th birthday of John Wayne and they are planning a big parade with a real stage coach and so on.

Of course did we stop by several covered bridges that became over night famous because of the movie "The bridges of Madison County". With Clint Eastwood and Merryl Streep. Some of you might recall that movie. I for sure can not since i haven't seen it. After seeing the places were they filmed this movie i for sure will.

In the beginning of our trip we ended up in Gettysburg. One of America's biggest battlefields in the civil war. It was all covered in snow by the time we got there. However this has one good thing. There are not many people around. We have concidered on making several snowman and let them be the guys fighting on the fields. lol...

In the category America's finest i can add in relation to Gettysburg one thing. They had real signs up saying that it was not allowed to go over the fileds with metal detectors and a spade... Now come on... Because of the fact these signs are up it proofs that several guys have been doing that. Wonderful... isn't???

I have another thing that some of you might recognize. This is an international finest one. For those easy shocked i would suggest not to read the next part.... grinzzzz.

Most of you who have stayed in hotels or motels over the world know that there always white towels in the room. There are moments that you wished they were not white. Just when you want to start drying yourself you see a brown spot on the towel. In this stage you are one of the lucky ones. You can wonder what it might be, but without any harm done you can throw the towel in a corner and grab another one.

It could get worst however if you grab a towel and dry your face and then notice the spot. Now that could make you just turn around and take another shower. Specially afer giving it a bit of a thought....

Then there is phase 3. You have finished drying yourself and then notice the spot. Then there is a serious problem. Either you have made that spot or the spot was on it already, but this last option is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Anyways all of the phases will make you end up trying to get the stain out since you do know the room maid is going to find them. Happy scrubbing everybody and be well and safe.

OK. Voor de nederlanders onder ons. Ik hoop dat jullie het bovenstaande kunnen ontcijferen, want het is alweer erg laat geworden. En morgen wordt het weer en drukke dag. Volgende keer zal ik eerder beginnen. En het ook in het Nederlands blog-en.

Everybody be well and safe. See you all in week or so.
PaDe

Advertisement



15th March 2007

nuts
You do know You are just plain nuts at times...thought i would die laughing at the towel story....lol.. tooo funny... be safe and well both of You.. warm hugssss

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb