Hayes Peterson Powell Family Trip to Hawaii March 15-21, 2015


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
March 31st 2015
Published: March 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

On March 15th2015, the Hayes, Peterson and Powell families set out in the early morning hours for the Sacramento Airport for a trip to Honolulu, Hawaii. In spite of an auspicious start to the day – our alarm clock did not sound at 4:40am as planned. I just happened to wake up at 5:12am and we managed to shower, feed the dogs and get our car over to my mom’s house in time to meet Dana, Ryler and Michaela at 5:30am – everything went smoothly.

We arrived on time in Honolulu and got our luggage and rental cars without delay. Dick and I rented a small SUV and the kids rented a monster Suburban equipped 3 rows of seats and a navigation system. The 8 of us fit nicely in the Suburban and we probably could have done without the extra car, but it did come in handy one day – suffice it to say this is a story that does not need to be recounted….

Photos (1)



Getting out of Honolulu took some time. But once we got past the road construction, we found our way to our rental house with ease. Turning on to Portlock Road did not disappoint. This is a neighborhood of very nice homes. According to Zillow, the home values in the neighborhood range from the low $1 millions to well over $6 million. There were homes like ours which was very well kept modest to spectacularly landscaped mansions and many in the throes of complete remodel and looking like resort hotels being built.

Our house was not on the water but there was access to Maunalua Bay through the many alleyways along the street across from us. There were small (rocky) sand beaches or rock slab beaches or rock walls at the end of each alleyway. Not necessarily kid friendly or places to spend the day, but the views and proximity to the water were wonderful.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb