Honolulu, My Hometown-2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
April 15th 2006
Published: April 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Houses on the Side of Round Top.Houses on the Side of Round Top.Houses on the Side of Round Top.

Houses on side of one of many hills and mountains within the City.
What I like about Honolulu is the mixture of old and new, East and West, mountains and ocean, etc. During the 70's there was a rush to demolish much of Downtown older bldgs. Fortunately they had the foresight to see they were demolishing much of our history so it was curtailed. We are the home of many different ethnic restraraunts so we don't get tired of eating the same foods all the time. Chinese, Japanese, Hawaiian, Filipino, Vietnamese, Thai, Italian, Mexican, Greek restraurants are in every neighborhood. Our city has mountain ranges in the north where one can go to obtain breathtaking views from different vantage points obtaining different perpective of our city's skyline. Beaches run along the southern parts of the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mural at UH.Mural at UH.
Mural at UH.

Mural depicting what life was like in olden Hawaii.
Blossoms of Stink Bean Tree.Blossoms of Stink Bean Tree.
Blossoms of Stink Bean Tree.

Blossoms from tree noted for smelly beans, prompting students to request it be chopped down. Seeing the blossoms now, I understand why it wasn't.
Korean Palace-Replica.Korean Palace-Replica.
Korean Palace-Replica.

This seems to be a replica of the Kyongbok Palace, of Seoul, on the UH campus.
Diamond Head & Hotels.Diamond Head & Hotels.
Diamond Head & Hotels.

World Famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Hotels.
Kiosk-International Marketplace.Kiosk-International Marketplace.
Kiosk-International Marketplace.

One of the many Kiosks in Waikiki.
Kyoto Type Pagoda-HHV.Kyoto Type Pagoda-HHV.
Kyoto Type Pagoda-HHV.

A Replica of a Kyoto Type Pagoda at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.


17th April 2006

Not the easiest site to navigate.
For some reason, enlarge image command does not work and comments entry is difficult to locate.
18th April 2006

Enlarging image.
To enlarge image "Right Click" on "Full Image" and click on "Open".
25th April 2006

Are you going to add any new pictures -- or is that it?
Now the left click button works. Probably my own computer's lack of responsiveness. Finally got it to restore and now things working well again. These pictures are obviously not done with a digital camera; don't you have a digital camera?
27th April 2006

Photos.
Yes, these photos are from a digital camera. I need first learn how to resize my photos using the resizer, because I've been having problems uploading photos. Hope to add more soon.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb