RTW Trip (Leg 1 & 2)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
August 27th 2007
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hai gusy,

Its the last day of our 2nd honeymoon leg, if we look at the high-level objectives matrix, we can do a quick sanity check and verify that indeed the primary goal of being married was successfully completed. And the rest, as they say, is gravox!

We are taking so many photos over here its crazy, with backpack, camera and guide-book in tow, we are your textbook tourist n00bs, but it has paid off, and we have some great photos, we just had a lot of trouble finding internet cafes, Hawaii is just not that technically savvy quite yet! Though thats a good thing, and here in Vegas, the idea of an internet cafe, is a slimy old PC in the back of a $2 souvenier shop, yuck! In any case I managed to include 2 photos, one was from our wedding night, and the other a shot on our first night in Vegas (dont confuse it with Paris!).

Leg 1: Hawaii, Oahu



A lot of this leg was spent with final wedding planning and getting my tux ready etc, but it was really worth it, and we had a wonderful wedding day, apparently I even scrubbed up ok, which is amazing. Cheryl was of course beautiful, and thanks goes out to my sister Amy for making the wonderful dress.

I know its only early, but already I am feeling some shifts in our relationship, but thanks to all the wisdom & advise from the boys on OCS11, I am well prepared.

We had a hire car for our time on Oahu, im glad we did though it was stressful! Driving on the other side of the road was confusing enough, but I was impressed that we managed to get completely lost every time we went for a drive, that has to be an achievement right? right?

But seriously, the biggest challenge in Hawaii, was pretty much choosing where to eat, and which draft beer to try (an ongoing issue I am finding), and there are lots of possibilities! The Cheesecake Factory rocks! Its quite a busy tourist destination, but the well mannered islander attitude is really refreshing, everyone is so friendly! Hmmm there is much more to say, but 7minutes left, and I have to cover Vegas, doh.

Leg 2: Las Vegas



Ok this place is so cool, to be honest, we havent woken up before 2pm since we got here, but that works out pretty well, cause this place comes alive at night, I mean it just goes around the clock, but once all the neon comes out it just goes off, as they say it is an amusement park for adults, the casinos are packed 24/7, every 2nd person has a yard-glass sized novely cup, full of beer or fruit cocktail. There are shows everywhere, shops, food, drink, but its really busy & reeeeally sleezy, I mean much worse than Waikiki, but hey thats the price you pay for a lot of fun!

The Hotel Flamingo where we stay is huge, I mean there is 4 blocks to walk from the elevator to our room, but everything is huge over here, its very easy to get lost in the hotel lobby, and once again so many photos, so many bright lights, its hot over here being in the desert, much hotter than Australia even in the summer, but once the sun goes down, you just want to get out and explore the big city.

This is definately the place to come for a boys weekend!
Vegas 2Vegas 2Vegas 2

Honestly, it feels like being in Paris!

Ok 2 minutes left, we better shoot off, today is our last day in Vegas, tomorrow we get up at 4am gah, and head to Toronto, the city of pwnage, cant wait, so until next time, take care everyone, and keep OPOM safe and sound.

Aloha,
Adso & Chez


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Vegas 3Vegas 3
Vegas 3

Looking North up the Strip


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb