Pearl Harbour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
October 6th 2008
Published: October 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another late start meant we were headed to Pearl Harbour during the hottest part of the day. We put the hood down, system pumping and tried not to look too gay in our car as we drove - A tricky feat. When we arrived at the memorial we took our ticket and waited the hour or so until our tour started. We looked around all the free parts but were reluctant to part with the 20 dollars or so to go inside the submarine or aviation museum. When our tour started we were ushered into a cinema and watched a short video chronicling the events of December 7 1941. The video was incredible and once it finished we hopped onto a boat for the short ride to the USS Arizona Memorial. Spanning the width of the sunken USS Arizona, where nearly 1200 servicemen died it is an impressive structure, the back wall is inscribed with the names of all those who died and parts of the sunken ship are visible above the water.

After being returned to the mainland we cruised off to find some lunch and check out the cinema times before returning to Waikiki for some afternoon relaxing.

After dinner we headed back to the cinema to watch "Burn after reading".


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.7kb