Waimanalo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
November 28th 2005
Published: November 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, well we are here on the south east side on the island of Oahu. Time is just flying by. I can’t believe we are heading back to the mainland in just a couple of days.

Hawaii is amazing; we are staying in a rented house in Waimanalo only a 30 second walk from a beautiful quiet sandy beach that stretches for miles in either direction. This is where we spend many of our mornings and evenings. The water is warm with some great waves that make it fantastic for swimming and boogie boarding. Haven’t perfected riding the waves just yet, today I am bruised and scratched all over from being smashed on the sand numerous time’s. It’s all fun though!

So, besides hanging on the beach what have we been doing? Well, unfortunately for us the weather has been kind of crap while we’ve been here. Our first few days here it was raining like crazy so we’ve found ourselves driving around the island a lot as it only seemed to be raining on our side of the island! We checked out Waikiki, Pearl Harbor, hiked up Diamond Head crater and drove up to the North Shore. It was cool to see all the big waves up there and we also checked out a beach that is known for all the sea turtles that congregate on it. That was pretty cool seeing all the turtles in the ocean. Sunday we went snorkeling on Hanauma bay beach. We were a bit worried because everyone had told us it was a bit of a tourist trap but once you snorkeled out past the crowds the views underwater were pretty amazing. We saw more sea turtles and even some sting rays!

So, we’ve got three more days here before the Hawaii portion of our adventure is over. Really not looking forward to getting back to the cold…

Enjoy the pics!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Waves breaking on Sunset Beach (North Shore)Waves breaking on Sunset Beach (North Shore)
Waves breaking on Sunset Beach (North Shore)

Waves here can reach 3o+ ft which makes it a surfers paradise.


28th November 2005

Georgeous pics !!! I'm enjoying your travels vicariously, especially never having been to Hawaii. Look forward to more of the same and the stories, as well, when we cross paths at Bluebellfarm.
4th December 2005

Buon Viaggio
Ciao guys, I just want to tell you that you had a great idea doing this blog and the title of this blog is perfect for you two!!! Indeed being "travelers" is the right way to explore new countries instead of being "tourists". Actually, there is a nice city that you would like to visit soon. BOSTON. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb