First Day of our Family Vacation to Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
May 24th 2007
Published: May 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ready for HawaiiReady for HawaiiReady for Hawaii

Let's go Dad
We arrived in California to pick up little man and head for the airport. He was very excited to see Allie and they laughed the entire drive to the airport. There was no traffic and we made it there in record time. The kids were ready for the trip. He wore his lei for about 5 minutes before saying I'll wear it in Hawaii. He asked many questions about the culture, the people and the beach. This is his first plane ride and the captain let him come into the cock pit and learn about flying. His adventure his started.

The flight is about 5 hours and the kids kept themselves busy. We had DVD's and movies for them plus some great snacks that you don't get on planes. They loved sitting together and everyone had headphones. Little man used my travel blanket and stayed awake most of the flight. Allie fell asleep right before we landed. It was beautiful coming into paradise.

We arrived with Aloha's from the crew when we disembarked. We still had some of the lei's from the wedding. The luggage was - ah let's say substantial. Everyone had something to carry. We rented a van for the week as the big boys were coming on Friday after school was out. We arrived at the hotel around 10:30pm exhausted but still wanted to have a snack before bed. We were all excited about being in paradise. Even C said how beautiful the city was. Allie couldn't believe we were so close to the ocean. She wanted us to wake her up early for surfing.

It's 11pm - the boys just called from Tallahassee. It's 5am and they are on their way to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Sunset in LASunset in LA
Sunset in LA

On the way to Paradise
At the Pool LoungeAt the Pool Lounge
At the Pool Lounge

Last minute snack before bed. Hawaii time 11pm - Florida time 5am.
Ah Hawaii - Allie Ah Hawaii - Allie
Ah Hawaii - Allie

I am lovin' Hawaii already
HonoluluHonolulu
Honolulu

We have finally arrived


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb