Honolulu Hiatus


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
February 16th 2007
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Aloha and Happy Valentine's Day!! We are enjoying our last few days of sunshine before heading back to the cold on the Mainland. We have tried to make the best of our unexpected and extended stay in Honolulu. I thought some news and some photos would prove that we are back in business.

As you can see I had a very nice Valentine's Day. Not only did I get this beautiful Lei, I also received tickets to see Norah Jones. He's a pretty special guy and I am feeling pretty special too!

We were here for two major sporting events. The first was the 22nd Annual Outrigger Canoe Races. Now that was an exciting time!!! The races went on for 6 hours, but we only stayed for about 30 minutes. There was a good turn-out and it was a beautiful day with little wind. Still, it looked like hard work.

Last weekend was the Pro Bowl Football Game and all the festivities that went along with it. Waikiki was packed! We saw a few football players arriving at the Hilton and lots of the limos bring the "beautiful people" to enjoy the weekend. That was the extent of our participation in the activities.

Otherwise, we have been taking it easy as you can imagine. We fly back to FL on Sat. (2/17). We will be there briefly before flying to Indiana for a short visit. Then, it's back to FL until June 1.

Gotta run,
RPM


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Ft. DeRussy Park and our hotel tower in the distance.Ft. DeRussy Park and our hotel tower in the distance.
Ft. DeRussy Park and our hotel tower in the distance.

Stair climbing has been my recent form of exercise and I have been to the top of the tower (45 floors) several times a day. 100 flights is my personal best so far!!
Another day at the beachAnother day at the beach
Another day at the beach

It's hard work, but somebodies got to do it!!


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb