Whooooohooooooo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
November 18th 2006
Published: November 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!!
Here we are in Hawaii. It was sad to leave Australia but I must say much easier to be the one going and looking forward to a big adventure than the one waving off someone. I left Cairns at about 5.30am on Thurs the 16th of Nov and headed on down to Sydney where Will picked me up and we headed on back to his favorite hangout in Sydney, Mechanarkcy. It is this big warehouse space where a whole lot of artists, set designers, carpenters, fashion designers and creative builder types work. It is the old Sydney Peters Ice Cream Factory. Some of the artists etc, live there. They live in specially built lofts and spaces all over the place. It was very industrial and creative and messy and loads of interesting people. Very much a communal appeal which I imagine is right up Will's ally. I took some photos and will attempt to add them on.
Then later that night we flew out to Hawaii!!! Will is part of Qantas club which we were able to join quite cheaply through the Navy. This meant we got priority check in and then we zipped around and collected some exchanged money and duty free tax before having 15 mins left at the Qantas lounge. We will have access to these lounges in most airports around the World. I imagine these will be a backpackers paradise with free food, booze (including self help spirits), showers and resting areas for us. Yipppeeee!!!!
Then on to the plane. We had a 3 seater to ourselves which was really good. The brought me special meals ( I requested gluten free) which was mainly fruit and salads. It was great. We then curled up and fell asleep. I had a mask over my eyes. Will said he woke up first and I was all bunched up. He woke me and I sat up and tryed to look around with my eye patch still on. Then I lifted one up and looked really confused as it was broad daylight (in Aus time this was about 4AM) Very confusing!! Anyway, he said I looked just like a scene from Ab Fab!! :D
So we arrived in Hawaii and had a few hours to spare before we were to get our free bus to the North Shore. I heard an announcement over the speakers talking about a Military lounge so we decided to go and investigate. Sure enough we were let in on Will's Navy ID and we had a cool place to sit and free coffee for an hour or so whilst we were bombarded with American propoganda and Defence pride. We thought it was bizarre that we are now sitting in this cheesy Marine lounge and we will be in Cuba next week. (US citizens are band from visiting due to old political disagreements). Funny world.
We ended up getting our ride to the North Shore. We bypassed all of the major tourist stuff (Wakiki) and headed straight for where all the hardcore surfers were at! It is similar here to Cairns. On the way we passed Banana crops then Coffee crops followed by Pineapple crops. We got here to Plantation Village (I would recommend this place to everyone) and found our cabin surrounded in wild chickens and cats!!!. We got our cabin, and once we got inside and met everyone I relised that I was the only girl amoungst 5 boys. All taught, fit, friendly and avid surfers. I would recommend this place to any single girls!!
So Will and I slept for 14 hours last night (wow) and spent today snorkeling and laying on the beach trying to comprehend the fact that in a day or 2 we will be in Spanish speaking country and we can't speak much Spanish at all. We have an Ipod here with Spanish lessons which will be extreamly helpful.
Anyway, I am going to head off to one of the surfers birthday bbq now so we will check in with you all soon! Love to you all and talk soon!
Us xoxox


Advertisement



19th November 2006

Photos?
Oi - where's all the photos of these buff surfers then??!! :-D
20th November 2006

Concerned but Excited
I'm not sure about my baby staying in a room with 5 very fit young men, but sounds like the adventure has begun, enjoy! mumx
21st November 2006

;)
Hey guyz, you have had some good luck already haven't you! Can't wait to see some photos! Love
23rd November 2006

Phat Time!!
Wow Guys!! Looks like you're treading the red carpet. Put some holes in it!!! Micky and the boys from Club Collinson. PS. Mookie is travelling well too and sez hi!!!
23rd November 2006

comment title
Qantus club huh????? We will be looking out for you, your profiles have been faxed all around the world and we will be keeping a keen eye out for hungry booze quenching backpackers.....love to ya
26th November 2006

Birthday Greetings
And for a birthday, particularly that of a 28th complexion, how could it ever, ever, ever be better enjoyed than with your soul mate in that extraordinary, exotic, resourceful, rhymical country of Cuba. May your immersion in its' soul bring you buckets of joy and the most marvellous of memories. Sent with the huggiests of hugs, via Mel the meledious, from the big mamma

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb