Travel 2021


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Lots to tell. Left Gerri’s yesterday afternoon to stay in Hotel near BWI. Had to get up at 3:30 this morning to catch first flight. One and three-quarters hour flight to Nashville. Walked off that plane and immediately boarded flight to LAX. Five hours later we deplaned at Terminal 1 and had to find Hawaiian Air. I can literally say now that I hate LAX. Our flight was scheduled for 12:10, and we got there at 9:30, so you would think we had plenty for time to find our flight. Oh no! We ended up walking around for over a half hour looking for any sort of customer service rep. We found a lot of places that said it you walked through door, you would have to go through TSA again to re-enter. Can you say frustrated? We finally stopped some guy walking up the steps and he told us we actually had to go through those doors, go outside to the pink wall and catch the shuttle to Terminal 5. So there went another 20 min. On top of all this, all we have had to eat all day was water, a soda, and two packs of snack mix each. Finally our luck changes. We got to HI Air and after getting our boarding passes and luggage tags, we also passed the next phase of CoVid travel and got pink wrist bands that got us into HI. Flying first class is the only way to go. Gerri had been once on a short flight, but this was 180 degrees out. Becky’s eyes got really big at the chair that went totally flat, the individual iPods on sticks and the food. We had amazing pot roast and a wonderful chocolate dessert. That five hours went a lot faster than the previous two flights. Only problem was we got a late takeoff and ended up in Maui 10 minutes before boarding. Last flight was supposed to be only 35 min long and that is exactly how long it took. But... after landing we past right by the terminal and went to the furtherest end of the runway. Kailua-Kona is an old fashioned airport in that there are no terminals or jetway, everyone walks down a ramp and there was no space to disembark. So... we sat there for almost a half hour before they revved up and got us close. So, our day‘s flights that started at 3:30 EDT ended at 5:30 HI time. It is now almost 8, Gerri and Becky are failing fast. Time to end this for today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb