Kona with the Family


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Big Island » Kailua-Kona
December 31st 2018
Published: January 1st 2019
Edit Blog Post

After several challenges previously documented, everyone settled into our new home. We have stayed in Kona before at the Ali’i Villas but as there wasn’t a unit big enough for all of us, we tried a huge 2 bedroom unit at the Keauhou Surf and Racket Club, at the other end of Ali’i Drive. When booking a new place you try to make good decisions based on pictures and reviews. As we learned in Italy both pictures and reviews can be misleading at times. This was not the case in this instance! Our unit is on the ground floor. It is very spacious with two large bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, a large living room, fully equipped kitchen and a huge lanai that wraps around the condo with openings from both living room and master bedroom. It has fit the bill perfectly!




Today we decided to make it a beach day so piled into 2 cars and headed to Hapuna State Park Beach. It was an hourlong Drive but well worth it! The wind was really blowing and people had fun on the boogie boards. There was one casualty as the wind turned one of our beach umbrellas inside out so we’ll have to replace it before we leave. Dianne did a great job on her first visit to the beach since her surgery. Before long she’ll be in there bobbing along with everyone.




New Year’s Eve is approaching. Darryl’s folks joined us tonight for dinner. We had an appie type supper tonight and celebrated New Years with Newfoundland! It will make tomorrow morning much more enjoyable





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb