Hawaii Island


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Big Island » Hilo
October 12th 2014
Published: October 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It has already almost been a week that we have been in Hilo, but I haven't really had time to write anything.

The United Airlines flight from JFK to SFO was average. On positive notes there were no children screaming, the flight got in a bit early, I was with my husband and we used the touch screen to play multiplayer games, which made the time pass. On the downside, it was a 6+ hour flight and United Airlines did not even provide a bag of pretzels. Luckily, I brought a bologna sandwich with me. Those touchscreens we played games on? Well, my only choice was to play games because every button outside of the games menu was unresponsive. So glad UA decided to cut money from food and waste it on nonfunctional tv screens!

The second flight was pushed back so we ended up with a three hour layover. Ate immediately after getting to SFO at some mediocre overpriced bar/restaurant. But that was to be expected.

The United Club lounge was a disappointment as well. They offered some complimentary cheese and crackers, apples and bananas, water, soda, and miller light. Anything else would cost extra. Wow, thanks. Thankfully, we get lounge access due to excessive travel miles and not because we paid to enter. I took extra bags of carrots for the next 5+ hour flight.

The second flight left 7pm pacific time, which was a very tiring 10pm for us. The second flight was similar and although we expected more United Airlines bullshit, they still managed to disappoint by replacing faulty touchscreens with tv screens that you had to pay to even see the map of where the plane was. Thanks again, United.

Finally, at 930pm hawaiian time (330am eastern), we were in Honolulu. We walked to the airport hotel, checked in and went to sleep.

The next morning we woke at 5am hawaii time, had breakfast, and went back to HNL to catch our flight to Hilo. I think I should save the rest for a new entry.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb