Costa Rica Mission Team 2007


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hola! Welcome to the Costa Rica Mission Team blog!

Our mission is to do our part in completing the Great Commission by ministering to children in Costa Rica through Vacation Bible School, Music, Sports & Evangelism.

The team (as they appear in the picture) Standing: Carla Pearson, Kevin Boothe, Tamara Anderson, Luis Chavarria, Drew Rios, Alfred Jackson, Angela Carano, Kelly Kuettner, Susie Sinclair. Sitting: Kenya Day, Lisa Dudley and Andrea Jackson and Greg Smith (not pictured).

We will leave for Costa Rica on July 21st to July 28th. On the 21st, we fly out on Delta @ 6:47pm and arrive in San Jose @ 8:42pm (their time) and on the 28th, on Delta @ 1:00pm and arrive back in Atlanta @ 7:04pm.

When we arrive on the 21st, we will spend the night in San Jose, then travel to Dominical the next morning, this is a 4 hour drive. Please keep us in your prayers.

For those who have not receive our prayer cards, the following is detailed prayer request from us for each day:

Saturday, July 21- 6:74 pm- Depart Atlanta
Please pray that we will have a safe flight and that the team will be healthy and well-rested as we stay overnight in San Jose. Pray that our luggage will arrive and that we will have an uneventful time going through customs. Pray for our family members who remain at home

Sunday, July 22- 8 am- Depart for Dominical (4 hour drive)
Pray for us as we travel 4 hours on a bus to a more remote part of the country. Pray that we will adjust to our surroundings and the culture we will be experiencing. Please pray also for the 50 kids that we will encounter at the Poza Azul Church this evening.

Monday, July 23- 9 am- Ministry day
Pray for the team as we minister to the children at Oja de Agua School. There will be seventy kids ages 5-10; this will be a three hour program. We will also be prayer-walking each day and conducting a revival at the local church in each city. Pray for the unity of the team as we work together closely each day.

Tuesday, July 24- 9 am- Ministry day
Pray for the team as we minister to children at the Cortes School, and as we conduct a revival service at the local church in Cortes. Please also pray for the team as we minister to those in Costa Rica and that we will also be open to what God has planned for us to do.

Wednesday, July 25- 9am- Ministry day
Pray for the children that we will minister to at the Pal Mar Sur School. Pray that we will build relationships with the children and be open to what God has planned for us to do.

Thursday, July 26- 9am- Ministry day
Pray for us that we will have a great impact on the children at the Sierpe School while we do VBS this morning. Pray for the hearts of those who will attend the evening revival service at the local church in Sierpe.

Friday, July 27- Shopping and Travel Day
Pray for health and energy for the team as we travel back to San Jose and prepare for our departure back to Atlanta.

Saturday, July 28- 1:00pm- On our way back to Atlanta
Praise God for working through us while we were in Costa Rica. Praise Him for the glorious outcome.

Predicted weather

Jul 17 Scattered T-Storms 76°/59° 40 % Wed
Jul 18 Scattered T-Storms 76°/59° 60 % Thu
Jul 19 Scattered T-Storms 82°/61° 60 % Fri
Jul 20 Scattered T-Storms 81°/61° 60 % Sat
Jul 21 Scattered T-Storms 81°/60° 60 % Sun
Jul 22 Scattered T-Storms 81°/62° 60 % Mon
Jul 23 Scattered T-Storms 81°/62° 60 % Tue
Jul 24 Scattered T-Storms 81°/62° 60 % Wed
Jul 25 Scattered T-Storms 80°/62° 60 % Thu
Jul 26 Showers 79°/62° 60 %


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb