Red Gate Farm RV Park, Savannah, Georgia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
March 23rd 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This entry is mostly for "RVers;" but anyone thinking of a destination wedding near Savannah or who is planning corporate or other functions might find it interesting. We were there in late March and spring was popping out all around us.

I keep repeating myself with my "It's Amazing!" But I can't help the redundancy! The Red Gate RV Park with its sister business The Mackey House, a lovely "southern style" event venue, is extrodinary!

This former dairy farm has been in the same family for generations. property. It was occupied by General Sherman after his March to the Sea.

Red Gate has only been in operation as an RV Park for a year. Wes found it on the internet; the main attraction for us being that it is 8 minutes from the heart of beautiful Savannah! But the amenities include spacious sites, double swings facing several ponds and serene views all over the place, pavillions, fire pits, a stage and ampitheatre, free laundry, beautiful homey club house and more. There are full "hook ups" but we had a more remote site with a great view and only water and elecity. The site was well worth the minor inconvenience.

The Mackey House, fairly new and build with southern charm, is a beauty surrounded by gracious gardens. It's perfect for weddings and corporate functions.

The host and hostess, Fred and Laura Mackey, call themselves "laid back." Their southern charm is warm and generous. Bistro 45, the great downtown restaurnt where we ate one night, is one of the caterers to The Mackey House. That makes the hospitality package even more perfect.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Our "Camp" From the Red Gate StageOur "Camp" From the Red Gate Stage
Our "Camp" From the Red Gate Stage

This would be a wonderful spot for an intimate music festival. This is the stage, seating is a bowl. There's tons of parking and room for "primitive" camping as well as a dozen or so sites with full hook ups.
Bird Watching at Red GateBird Watching at Red Gate
Bird Watching at Red Gate

Our neighbors from Wisconsin, Sue and John, are retired high school science school teachers and avid bird watchers. We spied a turkey vulture looking for something in the pond.
Pool Table Among Club House FeaturesPool Table Among Club House Features
Pool Table Among Club House Features

Also a wide screen TV, a piano, comfy furniture, and a covered deck with table and chairs for eight. There is also a screened in pavillion, a swimming pool and a sandy beach on one of the ponds.
The Mackey HouseThe Mackey House
The Mackey House

This lovely setting with a beautiful garden and tented back patio is perfect for events like weddings.


2nd April 2011

Savannah
Another place from your Blog that's going on my "bucket list"! What a great review! ( :
2nd April 2011

Thanks, Jill
Hi, Jill - love it when a seasoned traveler like you likes what we are doing. BTW I spoke to others about your experience at Harry Potter. There is considerable agreement out there that the staff needs to go to summer school and repeat "Hospitality Industry Training 101!"

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb