Shellman Georgia Memorial Day Weekend


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Dawson
May 27th 2018
Published: May 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Bonnie, Sadie and I took a pre trip in advance of our Alaska trip this weekend to Albany GA. We had no expectation of creating a blog for this trip but we had a very pleasant surprise we wanted to share. Bonnie's brother Benny Vandevender and his lovely wife Shelvia wanted to introduce us to the Back Porch restaurant in Shellman GA. Shellman is an old railroad town complete with terminal that no longer has passenger service to its town.

The Back Porch was a delight to eat at with Fried Shrimp and Grouper fresh out of the Gulf of Mexico with some of the best extra crispy fried okra that I have eaten. Their menu and directions to their location can be found on line. I like old towns so I wanted to share a few pictures with you so you can reminisce if you ever have been to any old town in your lifetime.

We have often come up with unexpected surprises like this one. Coming from Shellman we passed through Dawson Ga and got to see the County Seat with their courthouse which was originally built in 1892. It is still standing proudly.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and I appreciate all of your comments on our prior post.

Marvin and Bonnie


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



30th May 2018

Great Pics!
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to following your journey!
30th May 2018

We are eager to get started. Lots of last minute details.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb