Bzzzzzz....Part 2: Shay's Revenge & camping


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Dahlonega
May 30th 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Shay cooling off Shay cooling off Shay cooling off

"Down by the banks of the Hanky Panky, where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky..." Anyone else sing that song as a kid? We did actually hear some sort of loud frog or toad thundering away on the far side of the creek, but no one knew what kind it was.
For Memorial Day weekend, we packed up ourselves, our pooches, and our gear and headed north to a 'women only' campground near Dahlonega, GA called Swiftwaters Womanspace. The owners of this private creek-side property have operated a very cool camping experience for women since 1979.

Sadly, we were not very good about taking pictures, but I managed to grab a few of Shay and Emma G.

The weather was nice. Low 90's and pretty humid, with a few episodes of thunder and lightening in the distance. We endured one brief shower, but didn't even need to put the rainfly on the tent. The creek was nice and cold and just deep enough to wade in and cool off or take a float on an innertube.

As we drove back home late this morning, I decided that it was time to get rid of the hot mop of hair I had been enduring until it was my turn under the clippers.

Only two more weeks until The Epic Roadtrip begins!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



30th May 2006

woohoo
Like the new dew! Where does the epic road trip take you?
2nd June 2006

OMG!
I am so proud and envious of you two road trippin fools! I have always wanted to shave my head, and now I am feeling a little inspired...

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb