We're off!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
October 13th 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Normally the girls have two days off and the weekend for fall break, but this year they changed the calendar so that they have two weeks off!

We had looked into going to Japan. My wife lived in Japan for a couple of years and really wanted to go back. As the date got closer, it became clear that Japan would not work for stand-by travel. The flights were very full! We then looked at South America, including Santiago and Buenos Aires. They were not full, but they did not look great either. Besides that, the reciprocity fee down there turns me off.

Finally, we decided to fly into Europe and visit a couple of places, specifically Vienna. My wife really wanted to go to a beach, and with winter coming soon, that did not sound like a bad idea, so I looked into beach destinations also. I wanted to go overseas, but I was willing to compromise as well. I found that we could fly to The Bahamas for 3 days and then go to Europe for a few afterwards. We would all be happy!

We started out on Saturday October 13 because the flights on Sunday were full. We flew a Delta MD-80 from Indianapolis to Atlanta. It was flight 1534 and I was in seat 11C of economy comfort. We had booked a hotel on Priceline for $50 for the night in Atlanta. Once in Atlanta, we took the shuttle to the hotel and checked in. It was about 6pm so we walked over to a Ruby Tuesday restaurant for dinner. It was good food, but ok service. After dinner, we walked back to the hotel to get some rest before heading to Exuma, Bahamas on Sunday morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.7kb