DC on Foot


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On a warm Saturday afternoon Karen, Andrea, and I did the “DC on Foot” walking tour. This is a great way to tour the Mall. Tim, a Trecky, our guide was an excellent host and a knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide. He began by telling us the tour would be longer than the hour and a half advertised on line and went on to provide almost two and a half hours of enthusiastic, interesting narration of historic stories and information about the Mall. He took us on a guided tour from the Washington Monument, WW II, Vietnam Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and Korean War Memorial. He interpreted the history and story of each location. Tim also provided information about shows, exhibitions, tours and activities currently occurring in DC informing the group of what events you might need tickets for and where to get them. I’d certainly recommend this tour to anyone visiting the city. It offers something for the world traveler or local resident and the price is what ever you want to tip your guide. I’d recommend that you bring a water bottle along for the tour I was parched at the end of the tour on this warm spring day. This was a really enjoyable way to spend a sunny afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb