Bethany Beach, DE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Delaware » Bethany Beach
January 29th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The last weekend of January, Adam surprised me with a weekend getaway to the quite resort town of Bethany Beach, Delaware. Bethany Beach is one of the three coastal towns along Delaware’s Atlantic coastline. The beach in this part of Delaware has beautiful white sand that stretches for miles. It makes for a worthwhile retreat from the dreary District in the dead of winter.

At the recommendation of Quick Escapes Washington, D.C. (Fitzpatrick, John and Holly J. Burkhalter. Guilford, Connecticut: Globe Pequot Press, 2005.), we stayed at the ridiculously charming Addy Sea Bed and Breakfast. The Addy Sea is fantastic. It is approximately 100 years old with thirteen uniquely designed rooms located directly on the beach. Adam and I were in a quaint third floor corner room with a skylight. It was very romantic.

Whereas it was snowing like mad in the D.C. metro area, the weather at the beach was brilliant. The temperature must have been in about the 50s and the breeze was quite chilling but it was perfect for a sunset walk on the beach. The Addy Sea is located just far enough from the boardwalk to provide the privacy desired for a romantic weekend and it was the low season so we basically had the beach to ourselves.

We had a delicious Italian dinner at Di Febo’s and finished the evening with a bottle of champagne back at the Addy Sea.
Sunday morning we joined the guests at the Addy Sea for breakfast in the lovely Victorian parlor and then we drove home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb