This is the life...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut » Niantic
August 10th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Awe...this is the life. What a perfect day for the beach and that is just what we did!! This morning we had our first Dunkin' Donuts of our trip (and according to my husband -- not the last). Then we made up a picnic basket and headed to the beach. We chose to go to McCook Beach and it's the beach to go to!!


• Swimming
• Sunning
• Building sand castles/turtles
• Digging deep sand holes
• Crabbing
• More swimming
• More sunning



That pretty much sums up the day. Just as we were getting ready to pack up and head out, we heard something. Something chiming. ICE CREAM TRUCK!!! Emma has actually never been to one and promptly picked out a Bubble Gum Snow Cone. We get back to our spot on the beach and it promptly falls onto the sand (surprisingly no tears!!). Jacob rescued the moment and ran over and got her a new one and all was perfect again.

Showers all around and then supper. After supper we played one game of Yahtzee (Emma won!) and two games of Farkle (Donna and Michael were victors tonight). Great day, but not much news. Good night!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

CrabbingCrabbing
Crabbing

We walked to the next beach (Crescent Beach) for some crabbing. Look how hopeful we all are!!
CrabbingCrabbing
Crabbing

The tide was high so we didn't do all that great. We did find two crabs and then on the way back, I spotted a very tiny crab headed toward the water. We had to keep them all to show Papa when we got back and then we released them.
TurtleTurtle
Turtle

I made the turtle sculpture (that's as good as it gets!!)
Emma and her diggingEmma and her digging
Emma and her digging

She did it all by herself.
The second snowconesThe second snowcones
The second snowcones

See all smiling eyes!


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb