And we're off!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut » Niantic
August 8th 2013
Published: August 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We're on the road!We're on the road!We're on the road!

We are all smiles after a bathroom break.
Well, all the planning is done and we're ready to enjoy this vacation. We drove from Bismarck to Minneapolis last night and stayed with my sister. We decided that Jacob has the Saville bladder and that the kids stayed up too late.

As we stood in the line to get past security, I had the fear that I needed the kids' birth certificates...luckily, I was wrong. Things were going smoothly...until we heard the dreaded beep in the scanner. Michael set off the alarm! At the same time that he was trying to get that figured out (duh! metal belt buckle!!), the security guard asked me if "this is your backpack?" Yup, it was Jacob's. There is a suspicious bottle shaped item --- yup...half a bottle of water. After a thorough manual search, we were free to go. This whole time Emma is asking me why she had to take her shoes off. To be honest, I broke out in a bit of a sweat!

We found our gate, but the kids are "starving" and have to go potty. Michael takes off and just as he is out of sight, they announce that they are ready to start checking in zone 2. After the third call, I called Michael and he came back...no breakfast though!!

Our flight was the bumpiest I think I've had in a long time and Emma wasn't all that sure. She was talking a mile a minute and talking loudly -- even Michael got annoyed. Then she fell asleep and that was some sweet relief. Two and a half hour lay-over in Detroit gave us time to eat some lunch at Famous Coney Island's restaurant (no need to go again!) and charge some devices.

As we got off the plane in Providence, we ran into the open arms of Papa and then a ride to Old Lyme. It took us about an hour and Emma pretty much talked the whole way or tried to take pictures out of Jacob's window. This caused Jacob to yell at her. Oh sweet Jesus -- when are we going to get there????!!!

Hugs all around when we reached Nana at the house. We had a supper of cheeseburgers, potato salad, fruit salad and pickles. Then we decided on a few items that we are going to want to have around the house and Donna and I went shopping.

As I type this, Michael, Emma and Reg are sleeping. Donna and Jacob are getting in a mean game of Farkel and I'm relaxing. Tomorrow is suppose to be rainy so we'll see what it holds. For sure a trip to see 'Nother Nana and Aunt Jo!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

It's Cold in here!It's Cold in here!
It's Cold in here!

Good thing we brought her blanket!
Detroit AirportDetroit Airport
Detroit Airport

"Leaping frogs" water fountain


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.7kb