Moving From A Stick House Into an RV


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Wasco
August 23rd 2022
Published: August 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our house sold in 4-days, that was over a holiday weekend. Our realtor asked if we knew that it was a holiday and I replied “no, our calendar isn’t around so I had no idea”. It didn’t seem to make a difference and we went into a 30-day escrow.

We moved our RV to our oldest son Nate’s house. He lives on a farm and had room in the rear under a huge tree.

We had lots of loose stuff to pack or not to pack. What could we fit into the RV along with ourselves? And, it wasn’t just us. In 1 month, we’d have 4 grandkids for a grandkids trip, so trying to have space for everyone in addition to stuff was a challenge. We set up 3 tables under the trees and started pulling stuff out of the RV. I had boxes, tape and plenty of bubble wrap. Items either went into a box or into the RV.

Additionally, we had to take our Ferrari up to Northern California to have the motor put in. This was a 2-day ordeal but worth the effort as we will (hopefully, after 2 years) have our Ferrari running.

As it turned out, it was a nice time at our son’s. Every morning the parade would start, as we called it. 1st Jasper would come in the RV and just sit down at the dinette table. He had some quiet time and would just sit. Then Emilio would come in to see what we were doing. Sometimes they would eat breakfast and sometimes not.

Usually, Zaya would stop by to say hi and a couple of mornings Bel came with her cup of coffee. I’d stop when the kids came by as I don’t know when that will happen again. How lucky we were!

Bekki would often come by several times during the day. We’d drink coffee or margaritas together, especially when I was particularly frustrated. Our friend Kim came for 1 last taco Tues and we all sat outside for a meal. Nate stopped by when he could but usually, we needed his help with one thing or another.

We are glad that we were able to make those memories.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.64s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb