Sequoia Trees


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We couldn’t wake up early enough so weren’t on the road to Sequoia until about midday as we also got stuck in yet another gift store. I wanted to go the King’s Canyon as we missed out on that last time. The drive in there was very long, very steep, and very windy. Even Bobby started to feel woozy. It was a lovely drive, but a little disappointing after all the effort we went to. The drive into Yosemite was more spectacular than that, and we had wasted a lot of time and petrol getting there and back. As it was we only just made it to the General Sherman Tree by about 5.30pm after a quick visit to the visitors centre. We were too late for the Big Forest Drive, which is only reachable by shuttle. However, the drive from there was amazing and so were the trees. I could tell you how high they are, bit it would mean little compared to just standing in front of these giants and looking up in complete awe of this living thing. The drive out was very long. Again with lots of steep grades, bend and winds in the road which even made me feel sick. Brendan is totally sick of the bends. The scenery was awesome. Aftre we were back in the San Joachim Valley we couldn’t believe the acres and acres of orange trees. It was like driving for hours in the wheatbelt and seeing nothing but wheat. We finally got to Tulare quite late and was very impressed with the 1st class hotel room. It was close to a lot of eating joints. After a toss up with Denny’s which the kids had yet to experience, we decided on a cheap buffet meal which looked like Chinese food, which I wasn’t keen on as we can get that at home. The buffet was $9.95 for adults and less for kids. Once again the choice astounded us. There was hardly anyone in there on a Monday night at 9.30pm, and loads of food. I hated to think what happens to it all if no more customers come in. There was baked salmon, prawns, crab legs. Five huge buffet units (Sizzler only has two) for the main food and another section for dessert and of course free refills for the pop.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb