Tulare CA


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

May 2012. Flew to San Jose, CA which was a beautiful 3 hour drive from our destination in Tulare CA. We drove through Gilroy CA, the Garlic Capital of the World. Once in Tulare, we visited the Sequoia National Forest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Boston AirportBoston Airport
Boston Airport

We drove to New Hampshire from FL for work. Then learned we needed to fly from Boston to CA. After driving to Boston, we learned it was Harvard's graduation and there were no hotels for less the $700 a night. We slept in the airport. It was freezing and they put arms on the benches so there was nowhere to sleep.
CruisinCruisin
Cruisin

After sleeping in the airport for 12 hours then flying to CA, we learned they didn't have the rental car we asked for. So, we had to settle for a Mustang Convertible, glad something worked in our favor. The temperature gauge hit 101 degrees and we had to stop to put the top back up.
Over the River...Over the River...
Over the River...

There were so many beautiful sights between San Jose and Tulare CA. We went through deserts, mountains, farm land and waterways.
Sequoia National ParkSequoia National Park
Sequoia National Park

404,000 acres of park, famous for its giant sequoia trees, which unfortunately, we ran out of time and weren't able to see. The General Sherman tree is here, it is on of the largest tress in the world! The lower branches are 7 feet in diameter.
Tunnel RockTunnel Rock
Tunnel Rock

A huge boulder. The state dug a big hole underneath it for a road to go through. The road no longer goes through it...I guess it's just to stand under now.
MountainsMountains
Mountains

More views in Sequoia National Park
Rental CarRental Car
Rental Car

Looks like a commercial.
WaterWater
Water

We passed this on the way from Tulare to Sequoia National Park.
RockyRocky
Rocky

Rocks...mountains. Not sure what this is.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb