Road Trip Part 1


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday 17th May - Saturday 18th May

We left LAX in our rental car. it’s a Pontiac G6 Convertible and it’s very nice to drive. We headed up Highway 1 past Santa Monica and Venice and then on to the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu. At Malibu we cut across to Interstate 101.

Driving on the right has been a challenge but I’m getting the hang of it, no mishaps so that’s good . There has been quite a bit of traffic on some of the roads (especially on the I-101 just out of LA) but the roads are well maintained.

At about 7 we stopped at a town called San Luis Obispo (population 40000). This was a pretty, small town that looked quite charming. We’ll here we paid a visit to the local hospital for someone to look at Brenda’s infected foot. We got some medication and was able to have a brief look around, feeling very sporty with the convertible top down.

On Saturday we left for San Francisco this time rejoining Highway 1 on the coast. Stunning views of the pacific along the rocky coastline, it was a neat drive. At Monterrey we rejoined I-101 till we got to a small town called Gilroy.

Gilroy has a whole lot of out of outlet stores so some shopping was in order. We are trying to not buy to much stuff as we have to lug it around the US and Europe and Japan. The way things are going we may have to buy another bag in San Francisco.

We reached San Francisco about 8pm and headed for our hostel. It is right in the centre of town and does not have parking. As it was Saturday night it was a nightmare as we didn’t know where to park, traffic was busy, there were cable cars on some streets and there is a lot of one way streets. Eventually found the parking garage and we were able


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb