Our last full day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Jose
April 15th 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we have completed our last full day here on the West Coast and it's been another lovely warm day.

We headed for another hearty breakfast this morning and then made our way to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for 10:30. After our first visit there at the beginning of the holiday in the rain and the fainting incident with Luke our nerves were a little on edge. However there was no need to worry the sun shone, Luke didn't attempt any rides that involved spinning around or falling from a great height and he had eaten plenty along the way.



After watching the dolphin and killer whale show we spent the rest of the time exploring the rides. Mia was the bravest of us all going on Medusa twice (this involved a series of loops and drops!).

Leaving the park at 2:30 ish we headed for an hours drive over to the Baseball match in San Jose. The tickets we had already booked before the hols so we just turned up without the queues and walked straight in. Checked out the facilities and made our way to our seats situated behind the batter. Luke was hoping to catch the ball but there was a big net in the way, much to my relief!!

Spent a lovely warm evening sitting watching the game for 3 hours eating hot dogs and standing when the Star Spangled Banner was sung! There was lots of entertainment during the game to keep kiddies amused.

Arrived back at hotel at 9:20, exhausted but all enjoyed our last day and a great way to end the holiday.

God willing we will be on the aircraft at 4:30 (US time, 12am UK time) tomorrow, touching down in the UK Monday morning at 10:40am. So with very little sleep to come we will make the most of tonight!

We have all enjoyed the holiday and all have our favourite bits, we have seen so many natural beauties and realise how marvellous our Lord's work truly is. We have been blessed to witness this and ask for our Lord to watch over us during our homeward journey.

Writen by Dawn (given the nod by Tom)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb