Day 10 - Back in the USA!


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DFW - Jo-AnneDFW - Jo-AnneDFW - Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne checking her e-mail and v-mail diligently with her BlackBerry.
We arrived in Dallas early in the morning.

Arriving early makes for a faster trip through immigration and customs. And this was particularly important since Bryan was once again required to go through Secondary Processing with the Department of Homeland Security (INS). Secondary Processing has become standard for Bryan because he had to replace his green card after his wallet was stolen last summer.

We had a brief stay in the Admirals Club in Dallas where we checked e-mail (slowly getting back into the grind) and worked on the last of our blog.

We were determined to complete the blog by the time we arrived in SJC.

As we were leaving DFW, Bryan noticed the unique markings on the 737 next to us. This plane is a Boeing 737-823, N951AA, painted in American Airline's Astrojet livery colors. Very cool.

Once home, we verifed that our wine made the journey safely. Interestingly, the only time that we have had bottles break in our luggage was when our bags were not packed tightly (i.e., jammed). The bottles in our (very full) checked luggage were fine as well as the four bottles in each of our carry-on bags. Not
DFW - Admirals ClubDFW - Admirals ClubDFW - Admirals Club

We were in the new D terminal at DFW where there is a beautiful Admirals Club.
a problem.

Our daughter, Kate, loved her new t-shirt from Argentina!

We brought the following bottles of wine back:

With the blog completed, the web site was not working so we finally posted the remaining blogs on Tuesday morning.

What a trip!

Trip Blogs






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

American Airlines - AstrojetAmerican Airlines - Astrojet
American Airlines - Astrojet

When leaving DFW, Bryan noticed the unique livery of the American Airlines plane beside us. It is a Boeing 737-823, N951AA, paintd with the retro Astrojet markings.
American Airlines - Astrojet NoseAmerican Airlines - Astrojet Nose
American Airlines - Astrojet Nose

Here is the nose detail of the Astrojet markings.
American Airlines - Astrojet TailAmerican Airlines - Astrojet Tail
American Airlines - Astrojet Tail

Here is the tail detail of the Astrojet markings.
Wines - WhitesWines - Whites
Wines - Whites

Left to right, 2005 Matetic Sauvignon Blanc Equilibrio, 2003 Terrazas Petit Manseng Afincado Tardio and 2001 Familia Adrover Chardonnay Los Horneros.
Wines - Zinfandel and Pinot NoirWines - Zinfandel and Pinot Noir
Wines - Zinfandel and Pinot Noir

On the left is the Monte Gras Zinfandel, which is the only Zinfandel that we saw in Chile. On the right are the two bottles of Pinot Noir from Matetic.
Wines - Vina AliciaWines - Vina Alicia
Wines - Vina Alicia

On the left is Vina Alicia's Malbec and on the right is the Petite Verdot (Cuarzo).
Wines - Cabernet SauvignonWines - Cabernet Sauvignon
Wines - Cabernet Sauvignon

We brought three Cabernet Sauvignons back with us, 2001 Familia Adrover Blend Don Sebastian, 2002 Dolium Cabernet Sauvignon Lujan de Cuyo Reserva and 2002 Vina Alicia Cabernet Sauvignon Merena.
Wines - SyrahsWines - Syrahs
Wines - Syrahs

We brought two Syrahs back with us, on the left is a 2004 Catena Zapata Syrah D.V. Catena and on the right is a 2004 MonteGras Syrah Colchagua Valley Antu Ninqen.
Yerba MateYerba Mate
Yerba Mate

Yerba mate (pronounced 'yerba mahtay') is a medicinal and cultural drink of ancient origins. Beside the package of yerba mate is a cup and metal straw (bombilla) that we bought in Bs As to drink it with.
Watercolor - CazadoresWatercolor - Cazadores
Watercolor - Cazadores

Jo-Anne fell in love with this watercolor. We were able to bring it back in our luggage safely (without any red wine stains!). The artist is Walter Lozano.
Watercolor - ScottWatercolor - Scott
Watercolor - Scott

Bryan spotted two watercolors that (hopefully) will fit into Scott's decore in his new farm near Peterborough, Ontario. The artist is Walter Lozano.
Batik PrintsBatik Prints
Batik Prints

Here are six of the batik prints that we bought in the market. The artist is Walter Lozano.
Kate - Argentina T-ShirtKate - Argentina T-Shirt
Kate - Argentina T-Shirt

Our daughter Kate loved her new Argentina T-shirt!


10th May 2006

welcome home!
Glad to hear that your trip was a success and welcome back to CA!
15th May 2006

Thank you..
Gracias por venir a la Argentina!, enjoy the wine!, you´re always welcome!, saludos a su familia, I hope you'll back again some day in my country
18th January 2007

Wining and dining in Mendoza
It was very interesting reading your about your experience in wine country. My husband and I were there in 2005 and were impressed with the quality of the wines. We have worked for wineries in Napa Valley and were blown away with wineries like Carlos Pulenta, Catena Zapata, Salientin, Clos de los Sieta, etc. We ate and drank and ate and drank! We will be returning with friends in late March 2007 and will take some of your notes on some of the wines.

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb