San Jose


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Jose
August 4th 2009
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After experiencing the Winter (including snow!) in New Zealand it was time to seek out some sunshine in sunny California! We left Auckland and after flying over the date line arrived in San Jose before we had taken off much to my confusion! We were staying with my brother Rob, his wife Jen and my nephew Daniel for a week and really looking forward to some home comforts. It was so nice to be in a house for a while and we took the opportunity to relax in the mornings, in the afternoons and in the evenings too! San Jose has a lovely climate and it was time to reach for the shorts again something we hadnĀ“t done for months.

We managed to get out and see some of the area including a lovely trip to Santa Cruz beach where we walked along the board walk, hit the arcades with games like Donkey Kong and Pac Man and enjoyed the sand. We also had our first experience of Clam Chowder which I have to say was really nice. And with some fish and chips by the sea we could almost be in the UK apart from the sunshine!

Another afternoon we went out to Los Gatos, one of the wine regions of San Jose. We drove up to a beautiful old house in the hills and asked to taste some of their wines. Even being 25 we were still asked for ID which of course I had forgotten. The lady said that it would be ok as long as I was not from the ABC - I thought she meant the news channel to which I stood there puzzled as I tried to explain I was only there for the booze! She explained she actually meant the Alcoholic Beverage Council?! Anyway we got to sample some amazing wines with some fantastic views so all was good.

During our time in San Jose we also experienced the amazing Californian run In and Out Burger which was amazing and the delights of El Pollo Loco - fantastic chicken.

We would both like to thank Rob, Jen and Daniel for all your hospitality, see you guys soon!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb