Lance and Ross USA 2015


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Dear Family, Friends and Travel Fans,



Ross Smith and Lance Russell are about to go on another great adventure. A trip to the USA which will feature a week in San Francisco, a week in New York City, and a stay in Maine with Lance's relatives. Ross will also travel to Montreal and will offer a different blog for his part, so look out for that.


We leave on June 30th for Sydney and stay overnight at Rydges Hotel at Sydney Airport. Then next day, Wednesday, July 1st, at noon, we fly to San Francisco with United Airlines. United Airlines happens to be the only airlines that offer a non-stop flight to San Francisco from Sydney. Hmmmm.


After a flight of about 14 hours, we arrive in San Francisco at about 8 a.m. Wednesday, July 1st, about 4 hours before we leave Sydney. Time Travel! Don't worry, it catches up with us on the way home, because we leave San Francisco to come back to Sydney at 10:20 p.m., Sunday night August 9th and don't arrive in Sydney until 6:25 a.m. Tuesday morning, August 11th. An apparent 30 hour trip, which due to the magic of the Earth being round and the good old International Dateline, we actually only take about 14 hours to fly point to point.


We will try to complete a blog entry at least every two or three days and include photos as much as we are able.


It's May 23rd today and we have booked most of our trip, including a couple of baseball games featuring the Oakland A's Baseball Team; one in Oakland (which is a twin city to San Francisco) and one at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx in New York City. We are slowly getting excited. I have already researched good restaurants for the coast of Maine and downloaded a few menus.


Bye for now,



Regards,



Lance 😊



Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb