San Francisco, CA


Advertisement
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco was an amazing city. The rate of fake body parts on people was much less than the southern part of the state making for more real, less pretentious people. We walked a lot and visited everything we could. We took a boat ride in the harbor, under the Goldengate bridge and around Alcatraz. We went through chinatown's little alleys, even watched a fortune cookie factory in operation through a tiny doorway. We had great food in the italian section of the town.... you can tell San Franciscans like to eat! We also took the streetcar around the city. That was a lot of fun since you are allowed to hang on the railing outside of the car!

Another interesting sight was the city's only remaining wooden street. It descends through a hill and is completely wooden, no cars are allowed of course. The houses and their gardens were really amazing.

Before our departure we went down Lombard street, one of the crookedest streets in existence. It was made that way so that horse carriages could negotiate the hill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



8th September 2006

there you go..... now i'm really really happy to see live images of home. thanks again!!
8th September 2006

I am jealous!
Guys, California pictures are really amazing. San Francisco is a cool city. Full of culture and variety. But it is not as attractive as New Bern?!? ..:) Have fun and enjoy the rest of your trip..

Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 84; dbt: 0.11s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb